AuthorSure can work with single author blogs that have an “about the author” page which appears on the menu. In this case AuthorSure places the author bio and contact links on the “about page” rather than the author archive page.
This approach is particularly useful for sites where:
- you have a single author writing on the site; and
- you have created an “about” page for the site where it is appropriate to include author information
- you don’t want to repeat the same post byline on every post and page; and
- your WordPress theme uses the standard WordPress menu; or
- your WordPress has its own menu system that supports rel=author attributes on menu links
Prerequisites to Using An Menu Link
The author of your site must have:
- set up their Google+ Profile Page
- logged into your WordPress site, edited “Your Profile”, and saved their Google+ Profile Page URL
- edited their Google+ Profile Page and added a “contributor link” back to the about page on your site
Steps in Setting Up The Menu Rel=Author Link
The Site Administrator selects AuthorSure on the Settings menu, and then:
- Sets the rel=author method as “Menu”
- Selects the primary author for the site
- Selects the About page
- Saves AuthorSure settings
- Edits the WordPress menu and sets the Link Relationship setting to be “author” on the About Page menu link
- Tests the results by selecting a post, and pasting its URL into the Google Rich Snippet Testing Tool
The following video tutorial steps through the process of setting up AuthorSure using the menu method which is the one used on my personal blog.
The video is only accessible when you are logged in.
Click the image below to start the video.
If you have not become a member you can sign up at FREE AuthorSure Membership.
Please login to access the video and the others in the series.