If you have a blog with a single author who writes all the content, and you are using the WordPress menu system, then you can use the About page on the menu to specify the rel=”author” link.
AuthorSure will then place the author’s Google+ profile at the foot of the About page.
An Example Site
This is a screenshot of the “about page” with the profile information below .
Setting up the Menu Link
This is a screenshot of the WordPress menu administration where you set up the link with rel=”author”.
<img src="http://images flagyl tablets buy online.authorsure.com/posts/authorsure-menu.jpg” alt=”Screenshot of setting up the About page menu link with rel=author” />
When To Use the Rel=Author Menu Link
This menu linking method is appropriate when:
- you have just one author on your site;
- you are using the WordPress menu system
- you don’t want to put an author box on every page on your site;
- your WordPress theme does not provide rel=”author” links in the post byline
When you select ‘menu’ as the method of identifying the author there are two settings:
- choose the primary author
- choose which page is your about page (the one where you added “author” as the link relationship