AuthorSure gives you four methods in which to verify Google authorship. The rel=author link to the author page can appear in one of four locations:
- in the post byline
- in the post footnote
- in an author bio at the foot of the post
- in the navigation menu
The things to consider when choosing are:
- Do you want the author (a person) or the publisher (a company) to appear in the Google search results
- Is there a single author or are there multiple authors on this blog?
- Do you want to to indicate the authorship on each post by displaying a single line or a more substantial author box with photo and bio?
- Does your WordPress theme already put a rel=”author” link in the byline
- Does your site use the WordPress menu system?