AuthorSure is capable of doing the two things on your WordPress site that are required to verify authorship. The first is create a “rel=author” link on the post/page to the author page; and the second is to place a “rel=me”link on the author page back to the author’s Google Plus Profile.
Many themes will already do the first of these by placing a link (with rel=author) to the author page in the post byline: the byline typically appears in the headline area immediately beneath the title of the post. In this mode of operation AuthorSure lets the WordPress theme do what it wants to do, and just provides the second piece of the jigsaw; that is to link the author page to the Google Profile.
Prerequisites to Using Post Byline
Each author on your site must have:
- set up their Google+ Profile Page
- logged into your WordPress site, edited “Your Profile”, and saved their Google+ Profile Page URL
- edited their Google+ Profile Page and added a “contributor link” back to their author page on your site
Steps in Setting Up Post Byline
The Site Administrator selects AuthorSure on the Setting menu, and then:
- Sets the rel=author method as “Byline” – this is the default setting
- Saves AuthorSure settings
- Tests the results by selecting a post, and pasting its URL into the Google Rich Snippet Testing Tool
The following video tutorial steps through the process of setting up AuthorSure using the byline method which is the one used on the CaptionPix plugin site.
The video is only accessible when you are logged in.
Click the image below to play the video
If you have not become a member you can sign up at FREE AuthorSure Membership.
Please login to access the video and the others in the series.